With the update to Bogart OS Version 2.3e came the ability to use your trackball to cause the monitor output to conform to either SCART (Composite) or DVI output. This is very helpful as recent Bogart updates caused the main edit menu or the Media manager menus to be displayed on a monitor setting you may not have connected.
NOTE: Many colleagues are finding this process valuable and helpful as the Bogart OS system often reverts to a monitor setting after installation or update of a new Bogart OS.
Here are the options for the Casablanca S4000/PRO, S2000 and S4100
-To switch the Bogart screen mode:
- On the front LCD display (on front of your Next Gen editor) you should see "MacroSystem".
- Press and hold the right (large) trackball (mouse) button for five-seconds. You should heat a tone (gong)
- On the front LCD display you will see "Display: SCART" (or one of the two other options: DVI/HDMI, or VGA) -
- Click the left (large) trackball button once to switch to DVI.
- If that is not the monitor output you need/want, follow steps 2-4 above again until you have the setting you need.
The system will cycle through these 3 settings (SCART>DVI>VGA).
- To change the Media Manager (MM) screen mode:
If you cannot see the Media Manager Menu but can see the menu in your Bogart SE editing side, click the button "Media Manager" in the Main Menu. If your Media Manger is set to a different monitor output then you have connected you will see a black screen.
- Press and hold the right mouse button for 05 seconds
- On the front LCD display (on front of your Next Gen editor) you will see "Display: SCART".
- Click the left trackball button once and you are able to click once to switch to DVI monitor output.
Model Specific Notes:
On the S4000, S2000, S4100 and S6000 on front LCD display (on front of your Next Gen editor) you will see "Display: SCART"
If you are using either the S3000 you do not have the front screen, instead listen for a tone/chime (make sure your speaker is connected prior to beginning this process).
When you hear the tone, follow step #3 above. Do this up another time to cycle through the other monitor options